Love the Surrey International Writers' Conference? Want to be part of our team? We are looking for a new Conference Assistant. Here's what you need to know:
Conference Assistant Position
Temporary part-time (July 1, 2014 – November 30, 2014)
You will be responsible for completing the duties below, as assigned.
Hours are flexible with the exception of:
- Week prior to Conference (October 13th -17th ,2014) – full time
- Monday through Monday of the Conference week (Oct 20st through Oct 27th, 2014) – full time plus.
- Following the Conference week approximately 20 hours for thank you cards and follow up
- a total of $2,000.00 (to be paid in monthly installments of $250.00, $500.00, $500.00, $750.00)
- paid hotel for Wednesday- Saturday nights of the Conference week (approximately $600 value)
- Full attendance at Conference (approximately $600 value)
- To assist in the preparation of the Surrey International Writers’ Conference
- To carry out duties assigned within this job description as well as other duties assigned by the board. This includes, but is not limited to: pre-conference work such as arranging for delivery/tracking/ return of items, completing all photocopying, place cards/program, signage for Fraser room, coordination of door prizes, name tags, coordination of silent auction, thank you cards and coordination of the stuff-it party and driving of presenters.
- Full job description is available upon request
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Conference, either as a past attendee or past volunteer
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and other software as required
- Must have access to: (not provided) a computer and printer, cell phone, vehicle and valid driver’s license and use of home office space
Closing date for applications: May 16, 2014
Send resume in confidence to: Camille@siwc.ca
Spread the word!
~kc firstname.lastname@example.org tweeting @kcdyer