Tan Seagull Scholarship For Young Writers
- One ‘3-Day Full’ SiWC 2016 conference package, value $625 plus tax,
- Includes Friday lunch, dinner banquet and keynote; Saturday presenter lunch, dinner banquet and keynote; and Sunday lunch and keynotes.
- Two ‘Young Writers Friday-Only’ SiWC 2016 conference packages, value $60 plus tax,
- Includes Friday workshops, morning keynote and lunch.
Eligibility Criteria & Conditions
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 22 years in 2016.
- Applicants for this award must submit:
- a completed application form
- up to three stories, poems, or chapters of a longer work for consideration [Show us your creativity!] double-spaced, 12pt font.
- a 500 word biographical letter outlining interest in attending the conference, future writing aspirations and goals, double spaced, 12 pt font.
- a scanned copy of a verifiable proof of age [current student card, driver’s license, birth certificate, passport etc.]
- application letters to be submitted by email to TanSeagull@siwc.ca, with documents attached in either .docx, .jpg or .pdf format
- Family members of the SiWC board or staff may not apply.
- Recipients must agree to have their names and photographs published in conjunction with the award and with any promotion of the award.
- This award is not transferable. If a successful applicant is unable to attend the conference for any reason, they are required to contact the awards committee immediately. They are welcome to reapply in subsequent years.
- The costs of transportation to and from the conference and accommodation are not included in this award.
- There is no cost to apply for this award.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Award committee decisions are final.
- Apply to TanSeagull@siwc.ca
Click here for Application Form.
Application deadline: September 15, 2016.
Successful applicants will be notified by September 30, 2016. Good luck – This Day We Write!!!