While every effort is made to avoid errors, the Surrey International Writers' Conference (SiWC) website could include inaccuracies. No implied or expressed warranties of any kind apply.
The SiWC may make changes or improvements at any time without notice.
The Surrey International Writers' Conference Society accepts no responsibility whatsoever for information posted on this website. It is for general information only.
- Before September 5 of the current conference year – Refund minus a 35% administration fee
- No refunds after September 5 of the current conference year.
Change policy: We make every effort to preserve the program and presenter list as published on our website, but reserve the right to make changes to the conference at any time without notice, including but not limited to addressing factors beyond our control, such a presenter having to withdraw from the conference. In the event any changes made affect your booked appointment(s), we will provide an alternate appointment.
SiWC Code of Conduct for Attendees, Volunteers & Presenters:
Your attendance at the Surrey International Writers’ Conference in any capacity constitutes your agreement to abide by this code of conduct.
* To be as helpful as possible and to foster a positive attitude and experience for all. As this is a conference where the new writer and multi-published best-selling author mix and mingle, coming together in the spirit of learning and advancing the craft of writing is essential.
* To speak with tact, manners and discretion, with a choice of language that is appropriate to a mixed audience, and put the needs of the conference above personal opinions or philosophies. Understand that differing opinions are welcome but ad hominem inflammatory remarks and the stirring up of controversy are not.
* To discuss and/or pitch personal writing projects only within a professional boundary, not ever excessively selling personal products, projects, or services.
* To arrive for all events, workshops, appointments, and commitments on time, and to come and go quietly if you must leave for any reason while an event is in session.
* To wear the conference-provided name tag at all times.
* To turn off or silence cell phones during workshops, appointments, and keynotes.
* To be conscious of the health and welfare of your fellow conference-goers by washing your hands regularly and/or using hand sanitizer.
Harassment Policy: The Surrey International Writers' Conference promotes a collegial, welcoming environment for attendees, presenters, volunteers and staff alike. Harassment, defined generally as any behaviour that annoys, alarms, or threatens another person or group, and any other behaviour that causes excessive discomfort to other people; adversely affects SiWC’s relationship with its guests, its venues, its partners, or the public; breaks any applicable law; or causes significant disruption to conference operations will not be tolerated. The SiWC Society reserves the right to revoke conference passes without recompense and to deny offenders attendance at future events. Your attendance at SiWC constitutes your agreement to abide by our code of conduct. SiWC prides itself on being a safe event. If you encounter any behaviour that makes you uncomfortable, please report it immediately to a board member, the conference coordinator, or the conference administrator. We can only act in response to events of which we are aware. The decision to revoke conference passes and/or deny attendance at future events is at the sole discretion of the SiWC Society Board of Directors and the conference coordinator.
Our mailing address is Suite # 544, 151 - 10090 152nd Street, Surrey, BC V3R 8X8. Our phone number is 778-322-6445.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us using the site contact us form.