Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Surrey International Writers' Conference!
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our conference. We could not run SiWC without them! We have volunteers that come back year after year; an essential part of our SiWC family.
Before you make your decision about volunteering, please consider how you feel about making the following pledges:
- I am primarily interested in volunteering, and I understand that volunteering does not entitle me to attend the conference.
- There are 5 different volunteer areas and a total of 15 different volunteer jobs required to keep the conference running smoothly. I will make myself available for as many different tasks as possible.
- Volunteers are needed from Wednesday morning before the conference to as late as the Monday following the conference (and drivers in particular may be needed outside these times). During the conference, shifts may begin as early as 6:30 am and a few may go as late as 10:00 pm. I will make myself available for as much time as possible.
In exchange for your awesomeness and generosity, the Volunteer Coordination Team promises to:
- Introduce you to lots of other amazing people.
- Feed you at least one meal per day.
- Get you into as many workshops as we reasonably can (which might be none, but we promise to do our best!)
Still interested? Contact our volunteer coordinator Jared Hunt via firstname.lastname@example.org.